Thursday, March 22, 2007

Status Report

Sunday, I went *outside* and walked about three times around the tennis court. That's the first time since October that I've done any unnecessary expenditure of walking energy outside. When people say that with chronic fatigue, you have to build up exercise tolerance minutes or seconds at a time, they mean it. So after that, I rested about three days before taking a walk around the tennis court again today. I wonder if I'll ever be able to dance something like the CanCan or the German again, or both back to back....

Yesterday night, I picked up a magazine from the Oprah magazine subscription my friend gifted to me. (Gifted... I'm talking like an Indian...) She had also renewed my subscription to Utne. They have unfortunately been piling up every month because I haven't been able to read long enough to read a magazine. I used to normally go through about five magazines in one sitting, as "doing nothing".

Today, I called up my health insurance company and LabCorp to try to straighten out some stuff, as my accomplishment of the day, and did not totally sound like I was retarded. Last time, the customer service persons thought I was retarded, because, well, I was asking probably retarded questions and going around in circles.

But many tasks in the queue....

4 comments:

Linus among the hills said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Lara said...

way to go for getting out there and taking steps forward. i think these are worthy of celebration. :)

Lady M said...

Glad you've made it outside again. This weekend should have beautiful weather, so I hope you're able to enjoy another short walk.

dancing dragon said...

Thanks, everyone!

Anonymizing comment from aditya

Well done on the excursion dancing dragon! One minute at a time,....