Thursday, September 09, 2004

Tea with Ashish

I met up with Ashish a few weeks ago when he was in town for a conference at Stanford. I hadn't seen him in about two years. It's so nice to have made friends at Asera whom I still keep in touch with, although infrequently. I kind of miss those days, working at a start-up and hanging out, and being an honorary Indian. ;)

We had tea at Ray's. He mentioned that he was planning to give Q an engagement ring that weekend. We talked for a while but I can't really remember much. I asked him how much software engineers make in India these days, and he thought about $20,000. That was higher than I had thought. Oh yeah, and a funny story about his grandfather asking his parents why he hasn't found a girl to marry yet, since his grandfather didn't know about Q.

0 comments: