Thursday, January 19, 2006

Change

People often say you can't change a person or a person can't change, fundamentally, or it takes a long long time. I don't know. It seems like it's hard to change when you try, and change happens when you don't notice it.

Hehe, thinking back, five to seven years ago, I was so spontaneous and my punctuality was so bad (and my eyebrows so bushy), that a significant other couldn't stand it. I wouldn't think of what I was doing until the moment or maybe the day of. Now what's my problem? I no longer understand spontaneity? I must have changed just recently, in the last year or two, when I realized my spontaneous decisions and actions weren't working so well all the time. Well, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. The puzzling thing is how I went from one extreme to the other. Thesis, antithesis, and what's the third one? Well, now that I realize I've been to both ends, maybe I can learn to make good of both, at the same time.

As for lateness, I've gone from the former 30 minute average to more like 5-10 minutes and often on time too! This is something that's nearly impossible to change in people, it seems.

And I thought I'd never give in to social pressure and give up my feminist statements (mostly of the hairy sort, haha).

Well well, I hope this means I'm capable of always learning, understanding, improving, and changing.

0 comments: