Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Blogging is Easier

From long-lost drawmates to former dot-com coworkers to current coworkers to ex-boyfriends, everyone seems to be deciding to send me a "How are you doing?" e-mail or "Do you want visitors?" phone call at the same time. Much appreciated, though I might not reply for a while. At the so far average rate of having enough energy to do one phone call and one e-mail per week, including doctors and administrivia, it is going to take a while. Adding in disability forms and taxes right now, I'm not quite keeping up. I haven't even called back my not-so-long-lost drawmate from several months ago. Unfortunately, not all of the above-mentioned read this blog.

4 comments:

Linus among the hills said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Lara said...

makes sense to me. blogging is often easier for me than trying to let people pull me out into the real world. i'm glad to be able to keep up with you in this way.

it's funny - if you'd asked me a year ago if i would feel as close to you as i do now, i wouldn't have thought so, especially if you'd told me it would happen without any face-to-face contact. strange how life comes at you sometimes, and the people it brings into your life. :)

dancing dragon said...

Hi Adit - I sent you an e-mail... not doing so well on returning phone calls yet.

Lara - Blogging is easier for me right now for it's broadcasting effect, and that it takes less energy to address a nebulous audience than people in particular. Anyway, yeah, I've actually been wondering, I hope it's not awkward when I see people whose blogs I've been reading face-to-face!

Lara said...

no, i don't think awkward at all. i think it'll be more like seeing an old friend after a long time apart. :)