Wednesday, January 31, 2007

20 Minutes

Living life twenty minutes per day. If you had twenty minutes of useable brain time in a day, what would you do with it? I apparently spend a lot of it blogging.

I was getting to a point where I was thinking I have to accept that I'm not functional and have to apply for disability. But now I'm back to thinking, oh, maybe tomorrow, I'll be able to do some work again. The fact that I have this dilemma at all at this point is because my boss is one of the most amazing people.

Shades and colors of people show themselves even more distinctly during troubled times. The people with the most love for people, are also the ones with the most faith (in God and in people), and peace, and happiness.

Except that my mom says that a truly caring, good, and smart person can't really be happy. Because there is suffering in the world.

Well, let's see about tomorrow.

3 comments:

Lara said...

i have a fair amount of usable brain time per day, but i never know when and for how long it'll show up. i might be working really hard, and then suddenly my concentration is shot. it's completely overwhelming at times - it really is.

tpiglette said...

I've been meaning to call you lately, but have been unsure when the best time to do that might be. I was happy to hear that you were able to get in contact with my friend from school! Would you mind spending a few of those 20 minutes on me, one of these evenings? :)

dancing dragon said...

lara - I remember having my concentration shot a number of times after particularly difficult breakups, and wondering how and when it would ever get better. Somehow it just did with time. It's always so much easier to look back on things.... Anyway, hoping good things for you.

tpiglette - I guess I'm a bit more functional for more than 20 minutes these days, but it varies. :) Mental and physical capacity tends to get better as the day progresses, but you can call anytime!